Skin cancer is an abnormal growth of skin cells in the outer Epidermis of the body. Skin cancer is developed on the part of the skin exposed to the sun. It is a very common type of cancer that can occur even on the parts of the skin that are not directly exposed to the sun. Maintaining a good health score in such cases is very important.
In this article, we have given a comprehensive analysis of the different symptoms of skin cancer. So, read it properly until the end.
What Are The Different Symptoms Of Skin Cancer?
There are three primary kinds of skin cancer found in the human body. These are as follows:
- Basal cell carcinoma
- Squamous cell carcinoma
The best way to bring down the risk of skin cancer is by limiting your skin exposure to Ultraviolet Radiation [ UV rays ]. If you speculate any changes in your skin related to skin cancer, make sure to visit your dermatologist at the earliest. Early visiting your doctor and detecting skin cancer at the primary stage can help you get the best cancer treatment.
Skin cancer can be formed in the areas of direct sun exposure and the non-exposure parts of the skin. It is primarily seen in the areas of scalp, face, lips, ears, neck, chest, arms, hands, and sometimes in legs, too, in women’s cases. Palms, the zone beneath the fingernails and toenails, can also be a victim of skin cancer, and these areas are generally not directly exposed to the sun. Let us now talk about some of the major symptoms that can cause skin cancer.
1.Basal Cell Carcinoma Signs And Symptoms
Basal cell carcinoma is primarily seen in the areas of the skin which are directly exposed to the sun or Ultraviolet Radiation. These areas can be your neck, lips, and ears. A few common symptoms that you may begin to notice if you have basal cell carcinoma are as follows:
- A skin area that is flat and firm like a scar.
- You may have an itchy patch on your skin.
- Visibility of pale, reddish, yellow, or pink on white skin, making your health score low.
- Colour can be the same as that of the natural skin color or maybe darker on the black and brown skin.
- Formation of small lumps with blue, black, or brown areas.
- Formation of open sores that with time ooze and crust, or maybe sometimes heal and returns back.
- Rise in edges and spreading of abnormal blood vessels, which are similar to spokes of a wheel.
- Bleeding or scabby sore, which can return even after a complete cure.
2. Squamous Cell Carcinoma Signs And Symptoms
Squamous cell carcinoma is the second type of skin cancer seen mostly in people with darker skin tones. Like the basal cell carcinoma, this carcinoma also is primarily seen in sun-exposed regions like the face, ears, and hands. Darker skin tone people are more prone to this type of skin cancer. In them, the areas that are not directly exposed to the sun may also be affected by squamous cell carcinoma. Any skin specialist in Delhi can cure it.
Major symptoms of squamous cell carcinoma are as follows:
- Formation of the rough or scaly patch that may crust or may bleed.
- Growth of lumps with a lower center.
- Formation of open sores that with time ooze and crust, or maybe sometimes heal and return back.
- A growth that is similar to a wart.
- Visibility of a firm red nodule.
3. Melanoma Signs And Symptoms
Melanoma is another dangerous type of skin cancer that can be developed anywhere in your body. It can be in normal skin and on a mole that already exists and has a possibility of becoming cancerous. Melanoma is mostly seen occurring on the face, and in the case of men, it is seen in their trunks. In women, this type of skin cancer is mostly visible on the lower half of the legs, adversely affecting their health score.
Melanoma is a type of skin cancer that can occur in regions not exposed to the sun in both men and women. It can take place in any skin tone. Darker tone skin people are more prone to this type of cancer, and in them, it is visible on their palms, soles, under the fingernails, and toenails.
Some major signs of melanoma are as follows:
- Dark speckles on large brown spots.
- Formation of mole which changes color, size, and bleeds.
- Growth of a small lesion with an irregular edge and appears with red, black, blue-black, or white border.
- Burning or itchy sensation on the lesion.
- Formation of dark lesion on the mucous membranes lining of mouth, nose, vagina, or anus.
Common Signs And Symptoms
Apart from all the signs and symptoms mentioned for the different types of skin cancers, there are some common symptoms that we tend to ignore. For a successful skin cancer treatment at an early stage, a good skin specialist in Delhi is advised not to ignore any common symptoms as well. Some of these are as follows:
- Formation of a mark that is not similar to any other mark in your body.
- A sore that does not heal, or maybe healed and again returns back.
- Growth of a lump outside the lining of any mole.
- Changes in skin color.
- Itchy or burning sensation of a mole.
- Oozing, bleeding in the mole.
- Dark streak formation around the nail.
The Bottom Line
Basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, and melanoma are the three main types of skin cancer seen in the human body. If you suspect slight changes in your skin according to the signs and symptoms mentioned above, make sure you visit your doctor at an early stage. Detection of skin cancer at an early stage can help you get the best treatment and increase your health score.
Skin cancer is magnificently subjected to ultraviolet radiation. So make sure you do not expose your skin much to the UV rays and reduce the risk of developing skin cancer.