One of the most common problems that occur While using the HP printer is that my HP printers keep going offline and various reasons can lead to this issue in your system. In this blog, we are going to explain what are the common causes of this problem and how we can fix this issue by sharing some simple troubleshooting steps. So whatever the reason for this issue we are going to find out and fix it.
Why does the HP printer keep going offline?
Here and are going to share some common causes that can lead to HP printer offline issues. First of all, If you want to fix any problem then it’s very important to find the right cause of the problem.
Ensure that the ‘Use Printer Offline’ option Is Not Selected
First of all, you have to check that you have not selected “use printer in offline mode”. Then you have to ensure that you haven’t marked that option. The steps to check this setting is as follow-
- Choose the ‘start’ menu- click then ‘settings’
- Click on the ‘devices’ option and then click on ‘printer and scanners’
- Now move to the listed printers available, and then choose the option and right-click on your HP printer.
- Thereafter, move to the menu option, uncheck the option of “Use Printer Offline”. Now you can check if your HP printer will come back online.
Make Sure that the Printer is as “Set as default printer” to fix HP printer offline issue
Assuming that your HP printer continues to go disconnected or some other working framework, follow these given investigating steps –
- Navigate to the Windows button and then type in ‘Run’. Presently type ‘Control Panel’ in the discourse box and press ‘alright’.
- Click on the Device and Printer’ choice after which you will see your recorded HP printer. Assuming your printer has a green mark of approval, it implies that your printer is now ‘set as default’.
- While possibly not then right snap on your printer and snap the choice of “Set as a default printer”.
- Presently your printer will effectively work and the printer disconnected issue will at this point not be noticeable in your HP printer.
You have to Check Printer Driver – Update Outdated Version
HP printer always shows offline error in case of an outdated or corrupted printer driver. Follow these steps to update or reinstall drivers on your Windows.
HP printer keeps going offline issues can occur due to outdated or corrupt printer drivers. To fix this issue you have to update or reinstall the driver in your Windows system. here are the steps that you need to follow to update your drivers:
- Move to the search option in your Windows and navigate to “Device Manager” and click on it.
- Now move to the Printers’ options and expand it by double-clicking on it.
- Navigate to the expanded section here you will find the printer’s model number then you have to right-click on that number and then choose the update driver option.
- Now you have to click on the search automatically options available on the printer and then you have to wait to update the printer’s driver. When the update gets completed you can restart your computer.
- If you want to reinstall your printer driver then you have to go to the control panel and then find the remove program option and then install the existing HP printer drivers. then you have to go to the official websites of HP and install the printer again.
If you follow the step-by-step process of installing the drivers then you will not face any problem with reinstalling for updating your drivers in Windows.
Check your troubleshooting printer spooler setting:
HP printer keeps going offline error can occur when the printer spooler is stopped. If you want to fix this issue then you can follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Open the “run” dialogue box by clicking on the search button on the window bar and typing “Run” and then type “services. msc” and click on the ok button.
- You find the list of the options then you have to click on the “print spooler” option.
- You have to right-click on the given option and then select the option stop to halt the print spooler services.
- Open your address bar from the ‘Windows File Explorer’ and paste C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printer and click on ‘OK’.
- Here you have to delete all the folders and the file to clear the printing queue.
- After that, you have to go to the print spooler option and right-click on it to explore it. then you have to use the start option to restart the spooler services.
- Lastly, restart your computer and printer and your complaint of “HP printer Says offline” will be gone.
- As the last step, you have to restart your computer and the printer both and check Your HP printer issue has been resolved.
Some other factors that you need to check if your HP printer keeps going offline
We have already discussed many factors that can lead to HP printer errors but here are some other common as well as important aspects that can lead to HP printer offline issues. so let’s explore these causes and fix it
- If you are using a wireless connection then check that your printer and computer are using the same Wi-Fi network to connect to the internet. to check the connection you can open the HP printer wireless network.
- Whenever you configure your printer on your computer then don’t forget to restart your system. This process will save the settings of the HP printer.
- Some other common options such as paper jam, low ink level, voltage fluctuation and lack of compatibility can also lead printers offline.
Check Your Wired Connection
A wired connection can also lead to HP printer offline issues. It can occur due to improper connection of the wires. To fix it you can follow these steps.
- Check if the USB cable’s both ends are properly connected to the printer and computer. If you have a wireless connection make sure the printer and router connectivity is compatible.
- Also, make sure that the power cable is intact without any cuts and is connected properly between the printer and power socket.
HP Printer Keeps Going Offline? Check For Network Connection Error
You may frequently check what is happening where your HP printer continues to go offline.
- One of the vital causes behind the printer showing offline is the issue with its Wifi network.
- One more key cause behind the HP printer being offline is that its IP address isn’t designed as expected in the PC or the work area.
- Henceforth an error message spring’s up saying “Printer is offline”. To guarantee that the IP address is arranged appropriately, follow the given advances
- Open ‘HP design screen’.
- Click on the ‘systems administration tab’ from settings.
- Select the IP address choice starting from the drop menu
- Click on the manual setting choice and enter the precise IP address accurately.
Here we have discussed HP printers keep going offline. We have shared all the possible causes and ways to fix these issues. If you are also facing such problems like the HP printer not printing black then you can connect with us we have an experienced technical team who can help you to fix all your errors in just one call.