QuickBooks is a widely utilized accounting software by small and medium businesses. But often, it runs into problems due to which the user experiences various technical glitches and errors. People generally complain that their QuickBooks won’t open or start. When this problem occurs, it can become quite difficult for you to carry on your accounting activities. The error can result from a long company name, corrupt hard disc, missing QBWUSER.INI file, or improper QuickBooks desktop installation. But don’t worry. You can troubleshoot this error through a couple of fixes. In this article, you’ll find detailed instructions on them.
Measures to Take When QuickBooks Won’t Open
You can easily resolve this issue with QuickBooks. Whenever you find QuickBooks not opening, use the resolutions described below.
1. Exit QBW32.exe process
It is the very first thing you can do when QuickBooks doesn’t open. Follow these steps to close the QBW32.exe process.
- Right-tap on the taskbar then choose the option of ‘Start Task Manager.’
- Tap the ‘Process‘ tab followed by clicking on the ‘Image Name’ header.
- Find and choose ‘EXE.’
- Lastly, tap ‘End Process‘ to exit the ‘exe process.’
Read More:- How can you use Netflix party for iPad?
2. Rename the QBWUSER.ini file
Renaming the QBWUSER.ini file is another way to resolve this problem in QuickBooks. Try to access the folder which has the INI file. But if you can’t find it, enable hidden files and folders. Follow these steps to rename the QBWUSER.ini file.
- When you find the folder with the INI file, tap on ‘QBWUSER.ini file.’
- Choose the option of ‘Rename.’
- In the last file name, input ‘Insert.old.’
- Next, modify the ‘ecml. file’ name. See whether the QuickBooks opens after you rename the file.
3. Rename the QuickBooks desktop installation
Incorrect QuickBooks desktop installation can result in QuickBooks not opening. To repair the installation process, follow these points.
- Hit ‘Ctrl‘ + ‘Alt‘ + ‘Del‘ on your keyboard.
- Choose ‘Task Manager‘ and click the ‘Process‘ tab.
- Right-tap any of the QuickBooks processes.
- Now click ‘End Process.’
- You’ll find a confirmation process. Here select ‘End all processes.’
- Restart QuickBooks. Then click ‘Repair QuickBooks.’
4. Suppress QB desktop installation
Sometimes, suppressing QuickBooks desktop installation can also make your QuickBooks start. Here is how you suppress the software’s desktop installation.
- Start by right-tapping the icon of ‘QuickBooks desktop.’
- Press the ‘Ctrl’ key and choose ‘Open.’
- Hold the ‘Ctrl’ key until you open the window of ‘No Company Open.’
- Next, launch the QuickBooks desktop.
Now you know the measures to take whenever QuickBooks won’t open. If you follow these instructions, you’ll definitely be able to open the application. But if you still face any issues in doing so, contact the expert QuickBooks Technical support team. The technical support staff will troubleshoot all your QB problems immediately.