Laser hair removal is a minimally invasive, cosmetic dermatological procedure performed at Dadu Medical Centre, one of the best laser skin clinic in Delhi that aims to remove undesirable or excess hair on any body part or face. Like any other treatment, it must be performed only after the client is aware of the do’s and don’ts so that the treatment is as effective as possible. Preparing well before the treatment and taking extra care of the treated site after the treatment is very much important for the candidate’s safety and comfort and at Dadu Medical Centre, the Best Full Body Laser Hair Removal Clinic In Delhi, patient safety is given priority and helps them achieve safe and desired results.
If one is planning to go ahead with laser hair removal, here are some before and after treatment instructions that are suggested by the best cosmetic laser doctor in Delhi at Dadu Medical Centre.
Before The Laser Hair Removal Session:
Prior to arriving for the treatment, the candidate must follow these do’s and don’ts:
a.4-6 weeks or longer before the treatment
- Discontinue the intake of Isotretinoin- a drug to treat severe cystic acne
- Do not undergo filler treatment- both natural and synthetic soft tissue fillers
b.3 weeks beforehand
- Do not remove unwanted hair by other alternative methods that disrupt the hair follicle as preserving the hair roots and melanin pigment is imperative for the success of laser treatment. The hair removal methods that must be avoided include waxing, chemical epilation, threading, micro-needling, and tweezing.
c.2 weeks before the treatment
- Avoid bleaching, chemical peeling, and the use of lasers in the treatment site.
- Do not make use of sunless tanning products and tanning beds for safety purposes.
- Avoid receiving Kybella, Botox, and Dysport injections at the treatment site.
d.1 week beforehand
- Daily apply broad-spectrum, water-proof sunscreen/sunblock preferably of SPF 30 or 50 above, and wear sun-protective clothing before stepping outside. Avoid sun exposure for more than half an hour especially in the area to be treated. UV radiations from the sun can activate the melanocytes present in the skin and compete with laser targets leading to hypopigmentation that may not resolve for several months or reduce desired results.
- Avoid the intake of any medications including antibiotics that increase the skin’s sensitivity to the heat and light of the laser.
- Discontinue or avoid the use of hydroquinone, alpha and beta hydroxy products, salicylic acid washes, and retinol/retinoids.
- Avoid swimming
- Do not use all active acne, pigmentation, and anti-aging products at least 2 days before the laser session.
e.A day before the treatment
- Clean shave the area to be treated at least 12-24 hours prior to the laser session to avoid thermal injury to the skin surface. Unshaven clients would not be allowed and razors are not provided in the dermatologist clinics.
f.On the day of treatment
- The skin must be kept clean and free of any lotions, sunless tanning products, oils, makeup, deodorants, and numbing cream as these may increase the chances of adverse skin reactions to the laser.
- Clients who are prone to cold sores must take an antiviral medication as heat from the laser can aggravate skin reactions.
- Do not indulge in any activity that increases body temperature at least for 2 hours before and after treatment. Damaged, peeling, hot to touch, or sunburned skin cannot be treated by lasers.
Laser Hair Removal Aftercare:
The candidates must protect their skin in between and after laser hair removal sessions by following these do’s and don’ts:
- Apply any restorative gel like aloe vera or calamine lotion to help cool and soothe the skin and continue it daily until the skin is healed.
- Avoid wearing tight-fitted clothing and boots at least for 48 hours.
- Do not pick or scratch the treated area if there is crusting or blistering of the skin. If the skin is not irritated, makeup and deodorant can be applied immediately or wait for at least 48 hours.
- Avoid sun exposure for at least 2 weeks. Apply zinc-based sunscreen of at least SPF 50 for at least 2 weeks.
- Apply ice packs to get relief from swelling.
- Do not shave the treated area for at least 72 hours.
- Keep body and skin well- hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- Do not go for spas, saunas, and steam rooms for at least a week.
- Avoid exercising and hot water showers/baths for at least 48 hours.
Cost of Full Body Laser Hair Removal Treatment:
The cost of the laser treatment depends on several factors from doctor experience to the type of laser used, and the body area targeted. Contact Dr Nivedita Dadu at Dadu Medical Centre to know more about Full Body Permanent Hair Removal Cost in Delhi.