Invisalign is a great way to straighten your crooked or misaligned teeth in12 to 18 months. But you might suffer from some kind of discomfort and pain during the treatment. You may talk to an Invisalign provider and get answers for all your queries. This way, you can improve your appearance and confidence level. Go through this blog post to know how to make Invisalign braces comfortable and easy for the wearer.
- Take over-the-counter pain reliever – If you are going to wear Invisalign braces soon, then you can take over-the-counter medications before the appointment. This will give you sufficient time to accept the effect before wearing your new braces. Some over-the-counter pain relievers are naproxen, ibuprofen and acetaminophen.
- Change to new braces before sleeping – Sometimes, it can be easy to pay no heed to the ain while sleeping. If you are among those people, then you may switch to new braces before going to bed. This way, you will become used to the first few hours while being unconscious. You may take pain relievers to lessen the discomfort before sleeping.
- Use cold compress – Try to hold a cold compress to the cheeks so that you can ease the pain that comes with wearing clear aligners. The coldness of compact can make blood vessels underneath constrict. So, you will suffer from less pain with less blood circulation. When you do not have a cold compress, using corn or frozen bag of peas might work in a pinch. When using frozen vegetables, try to wrap a towel around the bag for protecting your skin. Make sure you do not apply a cold compress for more than 15 to 20 minutes.
- Try to eat soft foods – You can eat soft foods which are easy to chew while the teeth and gums remain sore. This is because the teeth should not get hurt in anyway at the time of straightening them. Take smoothies, yogurt, rice, pasta and cold foods for more soothing effect. All these can be of great help during the treatment process.
- Avoid taking out your braces – You might experience maximum discomfort during the first 2 to 3 days of wearing the aligners. It will be different for each patient and so, will be the tolerance for bearing the pain. Thus, the more you can wear your braces, the sooner the pain will subside. If you do not wear the braces for at least 20 to 22 hours in a day, then it will take more time for the treatment to complete. Make sure you remove the braces only at the time of eating, drinking, brushing and flossing.
Thus, Invisalign is a discreet way to straighten teeth than the traditional braces. When you suffer from pain during the treatment, think how attractive your smile will be after teeth straightening. Any Invisalign pain has to subside after 2 to 3 days of wearing your braces. But when you experience any discomfort that seems unusual, you need to contact with the best dentist for Invisalign in London for a consultation and make the treatment comfortable for you.