A geyser is a common requirement in today’s world. Whether for bathing or washing clothes, you must have a good quality geyser that will last for years. Purchasing a geyser that fits these requirements is essential, especially during winters. That is why we have come up with a quick guide containing all the information you need to buy the perfect geyser for your home. Let us look at the factors to consider while purchasing a geyser:
1. The technology for heating
The method by which the water is heated affects the geyser’s maintenance expenses. Most geysers feature electric heating components that heat up when power is transmitted through them. Gas-powered geysers use Liquified Petroleum Gas or Propane to heat water quickly. Gas geysers must be installed near Liquified Petroleum Gas cylinders or linked to a pipe gas hookup. Because of their fast heating function, they are less expensive to use.
2. Storage capacity
Some geysers can store and heat water, but others function quickly utilising 3-5 Litre tanks. Storage geysers may hold an average of 10-15 litres, with some holding up to 30 litres. A storage geyser is required if you have a bathtub. Geysers 15L is ideal for a family of 3-4 individuals, while heaters with 3-4 litres are ideal for couples or singles.
3. Wattage consumption
Geysers typically need 1500- 2000 Watts of alternating current power. Some manufacturers have enhanced their heating rates by boosting the geyser’s wattage to 2500 Watts or 3000 Watts. These consume massive quantities of power in a short period. In addition, geysers with excellent supply flow rates, such as 100L/hr, may consume more energy than those with reduced supply flow rates. These factors should be examined before making a purchase.
Ensure that your geyser includes a thermostat that allows you to manage the degree to which your water is heated. This functionality is required for storage heaters with a cut-off mode to indicate when the tank is full with hot water. It is crucial to remember that the pace at which all water is heated relies on the starting temperature of the water; therefore, the usefulness of a heater may vary from season to season.
5. Material and build
An ideal geyser must have a sturdy rust-proof build, mainly for storage. The majority of geyser types on the market now are built of enameled steel canisters with Polymer, Titanium, or Glass coatings. Glass and Steel-based alloys are employed on the interior to offer enough insulation. These are less corrosive and keep their original surface for longer. Corrosive salts are kept at bay by using magnesium rods in the center. Because copper is one of the finest heat conductors, specific geyser models contain chambers of copper that work well with low-electricity supply.
6. Body design and size
Before installing a geyser at home, the size must be examined. Some manufacturers have raised their First Hour Rates or the volume of water that may be heated in the first hour of operation. The tank size and the season mainly determine this. Larger geysers have better First Hour Rates and heat retention capacity, which increases their energy efficiency.
What safety precautions should be considered before purchasing a geyser?
- Geysers with copper chambers should not be utilized in homes with high-pressure water supply pumps because the pressure of the water may destroy the geyser over time.
- The Liquified Petroleum Gas cylinder must be put outside the bathroom to connect the gas heater before installing them. Gas heaters require sufficient ventilation through a window when in use.
- To prevent overheating without user supervision, geysers should include a 60 degree Celsius cut-off with a bulb indicator.
- When purchasing a geyser or heating element, always look for the BIS/ISI mark. This signifies that the product has been subjected to the necessary quality inspections and quality assurance checks.
- Consider the size of the bathroom, particularly the height, to get a good sense of the dimensions your new geyser should have.
- At the time of purchase, check the manufacturer’s warranty information.
Before purchasing a water heater online , examine the above-discussed considerations to understand the equipment better. Happy hunting!